loading Loading, please wait...

How to Verify a Professional's License in Frisco?

Professionals in the City of Frisco require licensing from state and city boards. These include the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR), which issues 40 license types, the Texas Board of Architectural Examiners, the Texas State Board of Plumbing Examiners, the Texas Real Estate Commission, and Frisco Development Services Department. Ensuring that you only hire licensed professionals is critical to the success of your project as it protects you from potential liabilities. These liabilities can include paying for injuries sustained to unlicensed professionals working on your property as well as ending up with shoddy and potentially unsafe work done by them. You can verify a Frisco professional license via the TDLR License Data search portal for professional boards included in its records. You can also contact the specific board that licenses the professional in situations where the professional is not regulated by the TDLR.

While it is crucial to ensure that the professional's license is valid, it is also essential to make sure that permits for your project are secured before the commencement of the work. Permits are usually required for building construction, building alterations, building remodeling, or building demolitions, as well as fence and pool construction, and these permits are issued by the Frisco Development Services Department. Permit applications can be made online through the city's Plans and Permits portal. Note that permits for certain types of projects, such as property annexations, cannot be requested online and can only be requested from the Development Services Department's office at:

  • 6101 Frisco Square Boulevard
  • 3rd Floor
  • Frisco, TX 75034

For additional information on the City of Frisco's permit-issuing process and requirement you can call the Development Services Department at (972) 292-5300.

Do Frisco Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

The City of Frisco has various neighborhoods, with neighborhood councils and associations operating in these neighborhoods. While these associations are dedicated to working towards the stability of the neighborhood, promoting neighborliness, and creating a base for representation in matters that affect them, they do not issue building permits. It was reported in March 2021 that the development of 4,000 residential units with a value of about $1 Billion had commenced on a 5,000 acre ranch in the heart of Frisco. Similarly, in August 2021, about 100 acres of Frisco's fields on the east of the Fields Community were purchased to start construction to meet the demand for goods distribution and warehouse facilities in the city.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Frisco?

The Consumer Protection Division of the Office of the Attorney General of Texas handles consumer complaints against a Frisco business or professional over unlawful or unfair business practices. You can file complaints by calling the Consumer Protection Hotline at (800) 621-0508, submitting a complaint online, or mailing a downloaded and completed complaint form, along with any supporting documents, to:

  • Office of the Attorney General
  • Consumer Protection Division
  • P. O. Box 12548
  • Austin, TX 78711-2548

Complaints filed with the Consumer Protection Division are acknowledged by email, reviewed, and are used to monitor complaint trends. When the complaint is deemed appropriate and is considered in the public interest, the Consumer Protection Division will take suitable action. You can opt for private legal action if you are not satisfied with the response of the consumer protection Division regarding your complaint. You can do this by filing a small claims lawsuit at the Collin County Courthouse located at:

  • 8585 John Wesley
  • Suite 130
  • Frisco, TX 75034
  • Phone: (972) 731-7300
  • Hours: 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.

Small claims cases in Frisco are civil lawsuits for the recovery of personal property, money, or other relief that does not exceed $20,000. It is advisable to seek the advice of an attorney before proceeding to this court.